Friday, August 31, 2012

As For Me and My House...


 "If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war 
or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home 
and bring happiness to the wife he has married." 
Deuteronomy 24:5

Before we were married almost 11 months ago we both agreed that this was OUR verse...and that in order to establish a firm foundation for our family neither of us would take on anything new for one year. 
(I would be remiss to leave out how thankful and blessed I am
to be married to a man who 1. follows the Lord with all of his heart and 
2. who loves me and his family enough to make us a priority.)
In the past 11 months we have seen our little family go from 3 of us and 2 of them to simply just the 5 of us. When we first got married our 11 year old girls had a rough time adjusting to being under the same roof, in the same room, sharing the same parents 24/7. Our greatest Christmas gift was seeing our girls start to team up against us. This meant to us that they were becoming family. We can take the two of them on... so go for it... team up on us! They are truly each others best friend. They actually wanted to be in the same cabin, have the same counselor and share the same bed at camp this summer! It was AWESOME!

The girls pick on their older brother, relentlessly! He does his best to not pick back too much. He sticks up for both of them and he really does love them... even through all of the practical jokes!

The Lord is good... this was His plan. He wants our home to be a place of refuge, safety,  security, fun, laughter, tears, hugs, smiles, mistakes, forgiveness, mercy and love. 

Today I am thankful for a thriving family that serves the Lord, together!

"But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, 
then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve,
 whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, 
or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. 
But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD."
~Joshua 24:15


1 comment:

  1. I am left nearly wordless. This is beautiful. I am so happy for all of you. I, too, have noticed the girls becoming sisters. I actually saw the beginnings of this before you were able to. I saw signs of it at your wedding. Love you all, Dad.

    ReplyDelete