Monday, January 17, 2011

Seeking a sound mind...


It seems as though lately I have been overcome by a spirit of fear... 
I know this is a tool of the snake. It says it in God's Word...

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. 
I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. 
Isaiah 41:10

So what do I have to fear? ... lately... it seems like a lot. There isn't a decision I have made without a certain level of fear... most of the time that level of fear is HIGH! I know just as I don't want my kids to be afraid neither does God want his daughter to be afraid.

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, 
but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 
2 Timothy 1:7

SO since I know fear doesn't come from God what does the Bible say about fear? I will hide it in my heart...

The Lord is my light and my salvation- whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life- of whom shall I be afraid?
Psalm 27:1

... do not fear what they fear, and do not dread it. 
Isaiah 8:12b

Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong, do not fear..."
Isaiah 35:4a

There is no fear in love. 
But perfect love drives out fear, 
because fear has to do with punishment. 
The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
1 John 4:18

Hear me, you who know what is right, you people who have the law in your hearts. 
Do not fear the reproach of men or be terrified of their insults. 
Isaiah 51:7
Who is going to harm you if you are eager to do good? 
But even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. 
"Do not fear what they fear; do not be frightened."
1 Peter 3:13-14

God, I know you don't want me to be fearful. You always have been and always will be my rock. I pray that I stand firm, be strong, bold, courageous for this is what you want for your daughter.






No comments:

Post a Comment