Thursday, February 3, 2011

Attitude Adjustment






It has come to my attention (thank you Papa) that I am in need of an attitude adjustment...

The path of my current attitude began nearly a year ago when God gave me a dream. In this dream he told me to move. He asked me to follow Him away from everything comfortable and simply follow Him... after a few months of arguing and pouting and putting out my figurative fleece (Judges 6:36-40) again and again, I finally listened. I packed up, uprooted my family and we moved.


But my attitude was a bit of "there God... I listened... now what?" After an eye opening service at church yesterday I have realized that when God calls we are supposed to listen and follow Him "full speed ahead". Something I heard once was "delayed obedience is disobedience" OUCH!


I think about my kids... When I ask them to do something I expect them to do it, the first time. I shouldn't have to ask two or three times and I certainly shouldn't have to explain myself to them. And once they do as I've asked they shouldn't keep being fussy about it. Why would God expect any less of His children? I believe we are all called to do something, in fact if we listen God calls us to do many things every day. Some big, some small. He wants us to listen to them all. Not because we fear Him, but because we love Him. I want my kids to listen because they love me and want to honor me. 

I have spent the past 24 hours praying about my attitude. God has shown me some amazing things. Things He has planned for ME! If I would just love Him enough to listen, the first time He tells me. I am so thankful and honored that God chose to speak to ME! He chose to call ME! He will choose to use ME in whatever capacity He sees fit, if I let Him. God isn't interested in taking hostages... He wants volunteers.

I am excited about everything He has in store for me and my family. I wait expectantly... 


And this is love: that we walk in obedience to his commands. 
As you have heard from the beginning,
His command is that you walk in love. 
2 John v.6

No comments:

Post a Comment