Sunday, January 16, 2011

Obedience


I thought it would be fitting to take a day and reflect on 2010... so I did. Just before Christmas I woke up bright and early and drove up to a canyon, hiked out to the edge and watched the sun rise. AWESOME!!! The rest of my day was much of the same... Some of my best times with God have been in the car, just me and Him. So, I spent a couple of hours that day just driving and talking with God. Most of the day I spent just sitting and reading His word. I bounced around the Bible, prayed... slept a little :) Read and prayed some more...

I have to say I was a tad disappointed... I kind of thought if I spent a day with God He would tell me all kinds of amazing things. But He didn't... He showed me a couple things that I needed to fix. But I think my day was about simply slowing down. (Those of you that know me know that I love my busy life. If it isn't busy I find something to make it busy.)

I guess if there is one word to summarize 2010 for me it is "Obedience". My first blog post of 2010 said my New Year's resolution was "...simply to follow God. Less arguing and more listening..." And although I can't say I didn't argue at all... I did listen... and oh the places God took me! It all started with a u-turn to a new church and ended the year by moving across the state. Leaving nearly everything that comforted me; job, friends, church, routine. 

I still don't know what God has in store for me in this desert... but I know He is faithful... and He doesn't call us to go someplace if He doesn't have something incredible planned for us there. 

Through him and for his name's sake, we received grace and apostleship to call people from among all the Gentiles to the obedience that comes from faith. 
Romans 1:5

No comments:

Post a Comment