Monday, April 26, 2010

Hello?


I've been thinking about prayer lately... How lucky are we to have a direct line to the creator of the universe?! Anytime we need to chat, He (or She if you have read The Shack) is on the other end of the line, just waiting for us to spill everything on Him.

Here is what is bothering me though...

Why is it that so many times it takes us going through the desert to pick up that phone and call out to Him? I think we should be calling out to him when things seem great!

The Word tells us to "consider it pure joy when we face trials of many kinds" (James 1:2). Why in the world would it say that?! Only when you are doing the things that God has called you to do will the enemy be bothering you. If you are conforming to this world and not following God's will for your life it will "feel" as if things are going great. Satan has no reason to harass you if you are already listening to him.

In the day of my trouble I will call to you, for you will answer me.
Psalm 86:7


That is when you should worry...

I would rather have Satan pissed off at me because he can't get to me than for him to leave me alone because he thinks he already has me.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7



1 comment: