Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Feed me!


What does it mean to hunger? Let's take a look at what Webster says:

Hunger

1 a
: a craving or urgent need for food or a specific nutrient b : an uneasy sensation occasioned by the lack of food c : a weakened condition brought about by prolonged lack of food
2
: a strong desire


So now that we know that hunger is a craving, an urgent need, an uneasy sensation, a weakened condition and a strong desire. How does this relate to our spiritual life?


Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied.
Luke 6:21



What does it take for anything to grow? Food! I have been thinking about what "feeds" me.

-Quiet time, I have been really digging into the Bible and loving it!
-Worship, not much is better than driving down the highway praising God.
-Prayer, how can you have a relationship with somebody without actually talking to them?
-Serving, give it a try... not much fills me up more than watching other people grow closer to Him.



For He satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things.
Psalm 107:9



Some food for thought... Are you hungry? Are you being fed? What fills you up? Figure it out... do it... and be ready to grow!


Then Jesus declared, "I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty."
John 6:35

No comments:

Post a Comment