Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The Nerf Bat


I started out this year with one goal in mind... to listen to God and not argue. If only I knew what I was in for! 

The Lord came and stood there calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!" Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening." 
1 Samuel 3:10 

I have been looking back at the past 8 months and it has become so obvious to me that when we do exactly that... listen no matter how hard it may be... God truly blesses you for it. 

The one thing that has amazed me is that it has been so easy! This is the relationship that God has been wanting with me for so long. I thought it would be so hard... and at times it was... until I listened and did as He asked. Then He blessed me for it! 

Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much. 
Luke 16:10

I have also found that when you listen... I mean really listen... He does speak to you... and most of the time it is the obvious! I call these my "Nerf bat" moments. You know what I'm talking about... those silly foam bats that you can hit each other with... they don't really hurt or leave a mark... but you know you've been hit. Well, God has hit me over the head a few times with the Nerf bat in the last few months. I can just imagine Him saying "Are you listening? Yes, that is really what I am telling you... " It didn't hurt, it just got my attention. 

My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 
John 10:27

And so my walk continues... walking with God, not against Him. Listening, not arguing. Trusting, not controlling.  


No comments:

Post a Comment