Thursday, August 12, 2010

in rilievo


 

Have you ever watched a symphony? From the triangle to the tuba every instrument has its own unique part. A time to play and a time to be quiet. A time to be soft and a time to be loud.  A time to be fast and a time to play slow. However without the conductor to direct them all it would sound like nothing more than just a loud noise rather than a brilliant masterpiece.

This is the perfect example of what God desires our relationship to be with Him. He wants to direct us. If we don't follow His timing our masterpiece will a mess.

As I look back at the past few days, weeks, months and years I can see how even the smallest, most mundane things were all a part of His plan. I am so relieved that God orchestrates every part of our lives, every decision we make is an opportunity to follow Him.

I want to be a beautiful instrument to be used for His will. Guide me and direct me Maestro!


My heart is steadfast, O God;
I will sing and make music with all my soul. 
Psalm 108:1



in rilievo
adverb 
  1. (music) The musical notation that indicates that a particular instrument to play slightly louder than the others so as to stand out over the ensemble; in relief.
Etymology: Borrowed from Italian , meaning "in relief"

No comments:

Post a Comment