Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Digging Ditches

 2 Kings 3:16-17
"...and he said, "This is what the LORD says: Make this valley full of ditches. For this is what the LORD says: You will see neither wind nor rain, yet this valley will be filled with water, and you, your cattle and your other animals will drink."



I have listened to the message by Stephen Furtick about digging ditches probably 4-5 times now... and every time it gets me. On Sunday at church I once again heard the message... and it once again broke me. But this time... it was an eye opening brokenness. The Lord showed me that this valley, in this desert is FULL of ditches... I mean... totally full of them. Especially here in Fruita, where my husband and I have been called to plant a church. Somebody came long before us and they dug ditches... LOTS and LOTS of ditches. 





As I was riding my bike to work yesterday it occurred to me as I rode past ditch after ditch that when there is water in the ditch... there is LIFE... and what this valley so desperately needs is LIFE... and that life can only flow from God. 

Lord, Fill this valley with your life. Help us introduce the people here to you! Fill these dry ditches so that people can grow...in Jesus' name...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment