Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2010 U-Turn

It is only 4 weeks into 2010 and I can't help but feel that this year is a turning point in my life.

There have already been BIG changes in my world. For starters I was led to a new church. Quite literally led, as in "Kelly, turn your car around and go!" Thank God I listened. It was one of those u-turn moments in your life where everything just feels perfect.

Just a few short weeks later I am closer to God than I have ever been. I have the distinct joy as a mother to be able to say my kids are truly yearning to be more like Jesus too. What a blessing!

There are so many places that I have no doubt God is leading me. My New Year's resolution is to simply "follow". Less arguing with God and more listening this year. Easier said than done for this former control freak. If there is anything I have learned though, His plans are far better than mine. I anxiously await seeing His plan for my life unfold.

If the first few weeks shows me anything about the rest of this year. It will be INCREDIBLE!

So, here's to a year of submitting to His will, following His heart, listening for His quiet whisper, absorbing His Word and enjoying the ride.

2 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo, I am so proud of you. It is amazing where a divorce can lead you. I particularly notice the part about being a former control freak.
    I had noticed you had a different church listed and intended to ask but forgot. That is neat that your move to Reunion led you there. I notice they meet in the school building. I look forward to going there with you next time I am over there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dearest friend Kelly,

    I too feel like this year will flip us upside down but in a good way! I have to say THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for listen to God when he told you to turn your car around and try a new church! I like to think that he did that for you as well as myself! I wouldn't have gone to church with you the next week and every week after if that had not happened... It's like he led you down a different path and then led me to you! I'm so thankful to you have you as such a close friend!

    I love you!

    Di

    ReplyDelete